If you can’t cope with household chores on your own, especially with minor repairs, and you have no one to help, then cheap handyman in NYC can be an excellent way out of this situation. And what is he doing, how to use his services? The handyman service is becoming increasingly popular and relevant. Moreover, not only single women use it, as is commonly believed, but also disabled pensioners, some couples and sometimes men who do not find time for homework or simply do not have the appropriate skills.
So who is handyman? This is a kind of employee providing home help and performing various types of work. Naturally, services are provided for a fee. What does handyman do? He can perform the following types of work:
- Repair, as well as construction, for example, laying of coatings, puttying and painting, wallpapering, whitewashing, dismantling walls or installing any structures, replacing furniture upholstery, and so on.
- Plumbing: installation of plumbing, troubleshooting in the water supply system, replacing pipes or faucets.
- Communication and electrical. These include mounting the antenna, tuning, repairing or installing household electrical appliances, connecting a television, telephone or the Internet.
- Wiring: replacement of electrical wiring, repair or installation of switches and sockets, installation of chandeliers or bulbs.
- Joiner’s works, which include, first of all, the repair of various pieces of furniture.
Prices vary greatly, because they depend on several factors, such as the type of work, the qualifications of the craftsmen, the form of service provision (privately or through an organization), and so on. But most often an hourly payment is provided, that is, the amount will depend on the time spent on the fulfillment of certain obligations, without taking into account their features. Although some masters set tariffs for specific work: more complex, respectively, are more expensive.
Advantages and disadvantages
If you need help, but you doubt that you should turn to handyman for it, then consider all the advantages of such services:
- As a rule, handyman services are cheaper than calling a specialist or highly qualified master.
- If, when contacting an official organization or management company, you have to first leave a request, then agree on the time, and then wait for your turn, then handyman will certainly visit you upon request.
- You can call the wizard at any time convenient for you. And some organizations providing such services work around the clock and even on holidays, which is especially true for busy people.
- All employees are polite and attentive, they will not be rude, waste time or try to illegally increase the cost of work. In addition, professional handyman, as a rule, do not have bad habits, so you do not have to endure the smell of tobacco or alcohol.
- In most cases, payment is made upon the fact, that is, after the provision of services.
Cons are also available:
- Unfortunately, clients are not always given a guarantee of quality work, especially if they turn to a self-employed master. Therefore, it is best to use the services of specialized companies that can give you all the necessary guarantees. This will avoid risks and get the necessary level of service.
- The master may not have the skills required to perform complex duties. To avoid an unpleasant situation, you need to immediately clarify the essence of your problem. So the company will be able to provide you with a specialist who will have enough skills.
- Unfortunately, there is a risk of fraud. To avoid this risk, you can simply look for a reliable company that can provide you with all the necessary conditions.