Today, printed materials are confidently holding their positions, even despite the rapid development of the Internet. Working through outdoor advertising, it helps to quickly convey the necessary information about the company, about its products or services to a potential client. Outdoor advertising is still considered one of the most popular and sought-after consumer communication channels. And it should be noted that this is a completely fair statement.
Outdoor advertising is characterized by wide coverage of the target audience, low cost of one contact and a long period of impact on the target audience. It is worth noting that even a short visual contact of a potential consumer with an advertising medium can increase brand awareness, which is equivalent to the amount of consumer confidence in the brand.
As for the formats of outdoor advertising products, there are no restrictions either. It can be both roof installations, billboards, video screens, and large informative stands. However, do not forget that to get the maximum effect from the advertising campaign, you need to choose the right place and time for its placement. Under these conditions, the effectiveness of outdoor advertising will be high and thereby it will achieve its goal – to attract the maximum number of customers to your company or brand.
The variety of ways to place advertising information outdoors is increasing every day, so today, customers when choosing a design and its location do not know what to give preference to. For this, an assessment of the effectiveness of outdoor advertising is carried out and, taking into account all the nuances and features, the most productive media formats are selected. At the same time, sign installation cost remains low, which allows any business to effectively use these advertising tools.
Features of outdoor advertising: the main advantages and disadvantages
Despite permanent improvement, outdoor advertising, like any product, has advantages and disadvantages.
Its advantages include:
- constant exposure to potential consumers of a product or service. Regardless of desire, a person pays attention to bright and stylish outdoor advertising;
- mobility. Some of the advertising media can be easily moved to any convenient place;
- low cost. Due to the use of low-cost materials and the improvement of manufacturing technologies, many of the outdoor advertising tools have a low cost and quickly pay off;
- durability. Modern materials allow you to create media that is resistant to external factors;
- productive combination with other types of advertising. Outdoor advertising effectively complements video and online advertising. Thus, its developers comprehensively influence the minds of consumers and more effectively promote goods and services.
Disadvantages of outdoor advertising:
- information compression – due to the need for quick perception of product information;
- high rental cost – advertising a product in the most prominent places is quite expensive;
- difficulties in finding a suitable site and waiting in line for placement;
- difficulties in simplifying the semantic load and making the layout;
- aggressive external environment – low-quality materials quickly lose their original appearance and burn out in the sun;
These disadvantages create certain difficulties for customers and creators of advertising products, however, these factors contribute to the continuous development of this area and encourage developers to increase the effectiveness of outdoor advertising in order to quickly pay back customers’ costs.